This is another recipe where you can alter and change the ingredients to fit your families preference or use what you have on hand.
- You can replace Lasagna Noodle for the Veggies or keep the Noodles and just add the Veggies
- You can use Ground Turkey, Pork, Chicken or Beef or any leftover meat you have on hand ( Shred leftover chicken. Pork or steak and so on)
- You can use any combination of veggies, just slice thin
- You can use any combination of shredded cheese or leave it out
- You can use Ricotta or Cottage Cheese
- You can use canned Tomato Sauces or Jar Pasta Sauce
For this recipes:
Fully Cook the ground beef with salt pepper and garlic; drain any fat
- 1 lb 90/10 Ground Beef
- Pepper + Salt to taste
- Fresh Garlic to Taste
In a large bowl mix, the cooked meat with
- Two 8 oz cans Tomato Sauce
- 1 6 oz can of Tomato Past
- 15oz Ricotta Cheese
Prepared the following Veggies:
- 3 Regular size Carrots Thinly Sliced
- 1/2 head Cabbage Shredded
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 Zucchini Thinly Sliced
- 2 Yellow Squash Thinky Sliced
- 3 Medium Size Tomatoes
- 1 Extra Large Portobello Mushroom
- I Bunch Green Onion
- 6 Baby Sweet Mixed Peppers
Then just layer everything in any order you want, adding Shredded Cheese to Taste on each layer.
I just layered Cabbage, Spinach, Carrots, Squash, Zucchini then added the Meat and Sauce Mixture, topped with Cheddar and Mozzarella then finishes with Sweet Mixed Peppers, Portobello, Green Onion, Tomato’s and then lots of Sharp Cheddar and Mozzarella cheese on top.
Cover with tinfoil and baked at 375 for 30 Minutes, take off tinfoil baked another 15 Minutes and then changed the oven to Boil and checked it ever 30-45 second until the cheese on top is crispy brown
Want the benefits of a home or company garden so that you can enjoy this recipe and others like it, without the maintenance? Give Pro Edge Lawn Care LLC a call at 850-363-3969 and we will do the work for you!